Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

Inexpensive Eye Shadows

I did a look on my eyes using (except for the mascara) ONLY wet 'n' wild products. If I had thought about it, I'd have used my Wet 'n' Wild mascara, but my Lash Blast was lying right there!!! This is just to show that, if you use a decent eye primer, cheap eye shadow can look good too!

The products I used:

Cover Girl Lash Blast in Brown Black, Wet 'n' Wild Kohl Kajal Eye Liner in Sky Blue, Wet 'n' Wild Mega Eyes in Island Blues, and Mary Kay Signature Eye Primer

Max Factor Liquid to Powder Makeup in Cool Bronze, E.L.F. Natural Radiance Blusher in Shy, and Maybelline Shiny-Licious lip gloss in Coral Punch.

First, of course, put on your moisturizer, foundation, etc. Dab a bit of the Mary Kay eye primer on your eyelids and blend in gently using your ring or middle finger. Apply the medium blue shade of eye shadow to the inner half of your eyelid. Next, apply the dark blue shade to the outer half. Blend together using the brush you used for the light blue shade. The dark blue shade is matte, so it will make it a little more shimmery. Sweep the lightest shade under the eyebrow to highlight the brow bone. Blend in gently with the other colors.

Next, line your lower lid with the blue liner. (In retrospect, I think Silver Blue would've worked better. Oh well.) Set it with the medium blue eyeshadow. Curl your lashes and apply mascara.







No comments: