Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

My first tutorial

Okay, well Tiffany says I should do a tutorial. I don't really know how to do one, but here goes anyway.

Here are all the products I used. Some are probably harder to find, but you can use a substitute. Face: Physician's Formula Circle Rx in Soft Yellow, Amuse Foundation Stick in Medium Beige, Avon Translucent Loose Powder in Medium, E.L.F. Natural Radiance Blusher in Glow;
Eyes: Mary Kay Signature Eye Primer, L'Oreal HiP Color Rich Cream Eye Crayon in Attentive, Fresh Minerals Eye Shadow in Copper and Shell, Color Compact Charming Eyes Eyeshadow Trio, NYC Eyeliner Duet in Mockingbird, Covergirl Volume Exact mascara in Very Black;
Lips: Amuse Sweet Heart Lipstick in Orange Red.

So, of course, always begin with a clean face, moisturize your face.
First, I used Physician's Formula Circle Rx under my eyes to cover up any circles. Just dab the product under your eye, then blend in with your ring finger. It puts the least pressure so you won't pull on the skin around your eye so much. Next I used the foundation stick and a concealer brush to cover up any blemishes. Sometimes, I use this all over my face, but today, I just used it as a concealer. Then I swept the translucent powder all over my face with a big face brush.

Next, eyes: Start by putting a primer all over your lid and wherever you will be putting on eyeshadow. So, all the way up to the brow. This will keep your shadow from creasing and it will stay vivid all day. I colored my lid with the HiP cream crayon. It's pictured below so you can pick out something similar. It's a coppery gold sort of color. Second, I took the medium shade from the trio (pictured below) and put it on the inner third of my eye. Next, the darkest shade from the trio on the middle third. Blend as you go. On the outer corner of my eye, I used the Copper mineral shadow. Blend in and soften any harsh edges around your lid. I used the Shell mineral shadow to highlight my brow bone.

Left: The trio, use the bottom two colors
Top Fresh Mineral Shadow in Shell
Right: Fresh Mineral Shadow in Copper
Bottom: HiP Cream Crayon in Attentive

Amuse Sweet Heart Lipstick in Orange Red (what a lame name)

A swatch of the lipstick without flash

E.L.F. Natural Radiance Blusher in Glow


Next, line your lids with a black eye liner. I just used the black half of the eyeliner duet. Line your whole top lip and the outer 3/4s of your lower lid. On the inner corner of your lower lid, line that with white. Now, take a small eyeshadow brush and use the copper again, set the black liner on your lower lid. Using the Shell mineral shadow, set the white liner. Curl your lashes and apply mascara.

Apply the blush to the apples of your cheek and sweep upward toward the top of your ear.

I feel like lipstick is self explanitory.



If you'll notice the color of my eyebrow in this pic? Yeah, I wanted to see what it looked like, my natural brows with my pink hair, so I blacked it with mascara. Does not look good....





No comments: