Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2009

ELF Polish Review

I think ELF is a great company. I truly do. I have many ELF products that I use frequently and have even repurchased some of their products. One thing I love is nail polish. So, are the ELF nail polishes any good?

ELF Polish in Fair Pink

Price: 5 out of 5; It's only one dollar!
Packaging: 3/5; The bottle is deceiving. There is only .35 oz. Notice in the photos the large amount of glass on the bottom of the bottle. Also, you should be able to pull off the cap of the handle, but you can't, so you have to work with a big bulky handle.
Performance: 1 out of 5; Seriously. Seriously. It should not take more than 4 coats for opacity unless you're using, say, a glitter. See photos below.



Overall: 1.5 out of 5; I would not purchase again. I might not even take if for free, except I can franken with it.

I saved this by applying two coats of Orly Pearl wisdom over the ELF Fair Pink to give a bit of shimmer.

ELF Polish in Fluorescent Pink

Price and Packaging: same as above
Performance: 2 out of 5; You can kind of see it in the photo below, but this polish has separated. There are streaks of white in the polish. WTF? However, It applies well. 3 coats for opacity.
Overall: 2.5 out of 5; There are better pink polishes out there. This is nothing special. However, it is only $1.
ELF Polish in Pearl
Price and Packaging: same as above
Performance: 4 out of 5; This was opaque in two coats! FINALLY. (Sorry for messy pix).
Overall: 4 out of 5; I would purchase this again. I like the pearly shade, and well, it's only $1!!!



Overall:
I do not generally recommend ELF polishes, but I think with the pearlescent colors, you might find something you like. When I have more cash, I'm going to pick up some more of their pearly colors, and maybe a darker color, and see how those work out.

2 comments:

contests and such said...

Thanks for reviewing these! I think I still might try like 2 of these, but now that I read this I won't go crazy ;)

SammanFaX345 said...

I found that when I get ELF polishes go for the darker. I have the bright pink works wonders