Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Color Workshop and L.A. Colors

So, I was going through all my make up. I actually have quite a bit. I haven't used it in a while though. I was testing the makeup and tossing out some of the crappier stuff. Like, I found a mascara that made my eyelashes one huge black clump. Gross. It was Avon, but I'm sure it was pretty old. I found a lip gloss palette that I might've used once. Can't find a pic online. I'll take one later. Anyway, it's got glitter gloss, nude, a light bronze color, rose, bright pink, and dark red. The rose is the only one I really thought I'd like. So, I decided to try a couple of the colors. The brush that comes with it SUCKS! There are hairs in the bronze now. The colors are VERY sheer. I almost couldn't tell I had the bronze on. But, it makes my lips feel soft and smooth. After I put the bronze on, I thought I'd try the dark red and see how dark it is. But, again, very very sheer. So, with the dark red on top of the bronze, it actually looks really good! I think I'll keep this. :-)

I also unpacked my new L.A. Colors eyeshadow palettes and Aziza Rocks Liquid Eyeliner and decided to play around with my new toys. BTW, I officially suck at putting on liquid eyeliner, but I like the concept a lot, so I'm going to keep working on it. For the eyeshadow, I used Eye Candy. I started with the Champagne as a highlighter, brightener sort of color, right under the brow and at the corner of my eye, by the tear ducts. Then I used the dark lilac along my lid. It was pretty light. I was using a brush, but I think if I used the spongy applicator, it would be brighter, more vivid. On top, I put the hot pink color. I liked this color a lot! It wasn't so bright that it made me look ridiculous, but you can definitely see the pink. I wish I had my freaking camera. I also can't find my phone, but that doesn't matter because you wouldn't be able to see the colors anyway. On my lower lid, very thin, below the lashes, I used the aqua color. It was pretty interesting. So I swept more of the aqua lightly up past my lashes. Not too much. But I was just playing around, so it doesn't matter. Then I swept more of the pink on the top lid and kind of across and down to meet the aqua. Okay that doesn't make sense at all. But I used such a little amount that I swear to you that I do not look like a clown. Then, I used a brush to blend the top lid better. It looked a lot better after that. I like these colors a lot! They're fun to play around with.

No comments: