Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

Today's Face

So, today I wanted to go to Sally Beauty Supply to pick up stuff for coloring and highlighting my hair. Normally I would throw on jeans and a tee, pull my hair into a ponytail, and go. I decided to actually put on my contacts, put on make up, and a nice top that I have never worn. I dunno why. It's pretty cute. I haven't quite gotten the hang of the flat iron, but my hair still looked pretty good, since I cut it this morning.

This is all the makeup and tools I used:

Face:
  1. I started with Max Factor Silk Perfection liquid-to-powder makeup in Cool Bronze. I love this stuff. My mom gave it to me and I'll probably use it until it's discontinued! It's perfect for my face. It's light, I can't even feel the make-up. Goes on smoothly.
  2. Next, I swept on Covergirl Tanfastic Bronzer in Soleil. Also got this from my mom. I swept a very light amount along the sides of my face.
  3. After this, I swept some Maybelline expert wear blush in Twin Peach on the apples of my cheeks and upwards on the cheekbone. It's a duo and I swirl my brush through both colors.


Eyes:
  1. After I finished with my face, I moved to the eyes. I started with L'oreal's Wear Infinite eyeshadow in Frosted Icing. You apply this right below the brow to brighten the eyes.
  2. For my main eyeshadow colors, I used a Nars eyeshadow duo in Elisa. I love Nars eyeshadows. They're smooth and stay on without creasing. However, there're unbelievable expensive. $32 bucks for this little compact. I bought it on one outrageous shopping spree about 2 years ago when I spent around $200 at Benets, in Greenville, SC. I applied the Icy Blue first on my lower lid, then I swept the Iridescent Lilac across the top.
  3. Next comes the eyeliner. I used Almay's Intense I-Color eyeliner in Purple Amethyst. I just purchased this the other day. I like the color a lot. Purple is suppose to bring out my eye color.
  4. I curled my eyelashes and then applied Almay's Intense I-Color Volumizing Mascara in Purple Amethyst. I was a little disappointed with the brush. I've never used one of those plastic-y brushes before and it's so thin. It didn't seem to volumize my lashes at all, but they were purple! Also, I had to comb them out a bit afterwards. It left them sticking together a little.


Lastly, the lips:
  1. I applied L'oreal's Endless Kissable Lipcolor in Mulberry Kiss. This stuff goes on real smooth and it really does stay! After I put it on the first time, I tried to blot, just to see if it would come off. Nope! Stays on all day!
  2. I coated the lipcolor with Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lipgloss in Candy Baby. This was a gift from someone at work last Christmas. It's pretty and tastes very yummy!



I had to include this picture because I couldn't find the pictures of these colors online. The first is the Nars eyeshadow duo in Elisa. I really wanted to show you this because I LURVE these colors! They're so gorgeous. The second is the Maybelline expert wear blush in Twin Peach. I've had this for a while. I like the colors. They're both good, but I like to swirl them together.


This is the end result (for the FACE, not everything else!):
Okay, well this picture sux. A lot. But I included it so you can see the top. I think it's pretty cute. (Now you can compare this pic with older pictures to see just how much weight I've gained! Damn you, meds!)



Everything is pretty light except the lip color. I wasn't sure how bold I wanted to go.



A couple pictures of my eyes. It's pretty hard to see everything 'cuz it's so light, but you can see the shimmer a little. In the first picture you can see the liner better. Gimme a break, I'm working on it.



My hairline is pretty messy and my hair is frizzy, but this is only this finished product for the FACE. Not the hair! Lol

No comments: